Sunday, January 6, 2008

As a little child

With today being Sunday my mind is caught up in the family side of life. We had an enjoyable experience with Micali today which has been repeated several times over the last few weeks. As we sat down for dinner, with her in her high chair, we said, "It's time to pray, fold your arms" but not really expecting a whole lot out of her. But she did it. It was very cute. But what was even cuter was when, half-way through the meal, and she wasn't eating much of anything, she stopped and folded her arms again and bowed her head for a moment. Kristen remarked that, "she was probably praying and asking that her food taste better when she opened her eyes."
I simply am grateful that little children do have the sensivity and the inclination to follow what is being taught at such a young age. It makes life for us so much easier. If we could have the faith that she has, because she did finally take a few bites after the second prayer, we would all be better off.
Oh yeah, another first for us today. Micali went to Nursery. For those who don't know, in the church at 18 months to 3 years the little ones go to their own class for the last two hours of the three hour block. It has been somewhat trying to have Micali with us in Sunday School because she doesn't understand why she has to sit for yet another hour. But today it was priceless. We were planning on taking her to Nursery but the Nursery leader stopped by Kristen before she could get out of the pews. She asked Micali if she was going to go to Nursery with her and Micali reached out her arms to her. That was it. No tears. No fit. She went and we peeped through the eyehole later on and she was seated in the little chairs participating happily right along with the other tykes. What a blessing and answer to our prayers.
Now we are simply awaiting baby #2 and the wonderful opportunities this one will bring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have "moist eyes" reading this ~ I recently saw Micali sitting in her high chair. More importantly, I've seen how much her "friends" at church absolutely adore her. I've been a nursery leader four times. What I wouldn't give to be one again for Micali.

Anonymous said...

WOW! That description is a scene from a couple of the movies I've seen about teaching ~ Freedom Writers being one of them. GREAT JOB!!