Thursday, June 18, 2009

Let's go FLY a KITE...........

 

Daddy was so excited to find a cool kite for Micali to learn to fly. We have loved spending lots of quality time with him before we leave him for 5 weeks. This morning after we ran some errands in town we decided to make a stop at the beach and see if we could make this kite fly. We got it up in the air a couple time but never for very long. Luke and I both forgot our kite flying skills from our younger years. Micali loved it all the same and Eli once again enjoyed crawling on the beach. As we were leaving we got some pointers from an old man who was evidently keeping a close eye on us. Tomorrow we shall try again!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos ~ can't wait for more from today's kite flying efforts. Sad that you'll be separated for five weeks but definitely excited that the move keeps inching closer.

Grpa asked about helping drive your "things" from Seattle to Utah. He was trying to figure out a way to also see Jim & Jeannine in our trip west. Do you still have friends in the Seattle area? We were just "thinking outside the box" last night and wondered if you ALL would want to drive out with us or if you're definitely flying out . . . if you've thought ahead to getting your things from Seattle to Utah . . . etc. ~Grma P

Leah said...

Have I mentioned that I REALLY don't want you guys to move away?

We're going to miss you guys so much, and I don't know WHAT Tony will do without those evening phone calls with Lucas.

:(

It makes me sad!!!

Love you guys,
Leah

Alicia said...

Wow, I don't think I remember my kite flying skills, either!

Ok, and let's talk about how absolutely ADORABLE Eli is in that hat, I can't believe it. You're right, it's like he knows how cute he is in it!

Lastly, good luck with your move - I'm just it's so bittersweet - you guys have really made Alaska home. Still, I'm so excited for your new adventures - and to possibly get to see you guys now and again when we are on our way up to Idaho! Good luck!