Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Before leaving Alaska....

Before leaving Alaska we did a lot of fun things together. We spent some time at the park, drove to the "end" of the road to look for bears, took a stop by Kenai Landing, and finally on the way to the airport stopped in to see the animals at the wildlife place near portage glacier. I tried to soak in all the beauty on my last time through the most beautiful area I have ever seen. It was sad to leave and exciting also to think of what else is ahead.
The plane ride by myself with the two kids went pretty good. I wouldn't want to do it again but there were kind people who gave me a hand and I know all the people praying for me that day made it that much more doable. Luke was able to get a pass to help us through security which was AWESOME. Micali wasn't NOT at all excited about them taking her backpack, purse or shoes. We got through security as they were calling for those who need assitance to board so our goodbye lasted all of 5 seconds as wisked us away as soon as we showed up. I mostly held it together, with only a few tears down the jetway. Micali was afraid she was falling when we took off and laid here head in my lap asking me to hold her. She promptly fell asleep for the first hour. Too bad it is a 5 hour flight. My parents were so AWESOME to meet us in Minneapolis to save me from having to switch planes. So for the last two weeks now we have been enjoying family time in Kansas. But we are TOTALLY missing our daddy!!
 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that made my eyes tear up ~ it gives me such mixed emotions to know how much you guys love Alaska and how different a climate you're going to in Utah. I hope you find things to love about that area as much as you love Alaska. I SO wish I could have been there to fly with you in to Minneapolis but . . . you're all safe and having fun there in Kansas now. I can't wait to see everyone together again. ~ Grma P

Stacy Pettersen said...

We hate it when Daddy is gone ONE day... I feel for you! New adventures are fun, though, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. =)

P.S. All this time with the Galbraiths is really making us anxious for the reunion next year. We can't wait to see you and introduce the kids!

Peless Family said...

Daddy miss you all too

Potter Family said...

Kristen, I thought about you all day, the day you left and cried for you. As excited as I am to have you guys so much closer, I know how sad it is to leave 1. gorgeous place 2. a place you may not get to see very often. It reminded me of the day I left my 2nd area on the mission. I still remember soaking in all the beauty and all of the things I would miss, especially the people. Thanks for the tear-jerker!

Leah said...

We miss you already! We had dinner at Sockeye's last night and took a few pictures out on the boardwalk, too. Hobo Jim was singing and it was a good time.

Hope you're feeling well. :)

love ya,
Leah

Alicia said...

I am so impressed with how you just really made Alaska such a home for you guys. I'm sure this is a tough move, and full of many mixed emotions, but I'm sure that like always, you will make the most of every minute!

On a side note, I am totally impressed with your ability to travel with 2 children on an airplane alone! Go you!!

Anonymous said...

So now are you going to become "Peless of the West"? :-)
Love you all! So good to see Kristen, Micali, and Eli last week. Missed you Luke! Love, Aunt Lois

Anonymous said...

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

(the people are chanting!)

Anonymous said...

OH NO! Did you drop off the face of the earth!?? HELLOOOOOO???!