Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thumbsucking update

Not going so well. She is definitely doing it less but still it is very much a comfort for her. Micali had a great week before Christmas and then with being bored in the car for so long and traveling all over she just went right back to it. Sometimes if I ask her about it she will pull it out but other times she just ignores me and keeps on sucking. I haven’t tried getting they yucky tasting stuff to put on there yet but am thinking about it. I wonder if it is too close to the new baby coming that I should let her wait and hopefully choose to stop by herself in the near future.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I probably mentioned this to you before when we were dealing with Tana, but I used some stuff I found on ebay -- an all-natural cream called CONTROL-IT! Anti-Nail Biting Cream. I tried it for biting my nails also. It had a bitter taste, so when I would start to bite, it would "remind" me, but not really deter me for long. Tana stopped sucking fairly quickly, mainly I think because she bought into it (she didn't want her teeth messed up). :) She would remind us to put it on her at night!