Thursday, November 3, 2011

My sweet kiddos

Abigail is quite the little attention getter. Something about the red in her hair just draws people to come talk to her. Especially the old men in the grocery store. She is like a magnet. She of course loves the attention and if they don’t happen to notice her she will let out a big “HI”, give a cute little wave and, then smile as big as can be when someone says HI back. She loves helping out and is the best little cleaner-upper. She either sings the clean-up song or follows in Eli’s “What’s gonna work?” with her saying -TEAMWORK. She still likes me to sing her to sleep. She is fine and content laying in her crib as long as I am in the room singing until she falls asleep. I am okay spoiling her that way because Micali really enjoys it too.

IMG_2121IMG_2128IMG_2145

Elijah-is all boy. He loves

my kitchen-aid attachments to be his hook and sword. They could do some damage if he ever hit somebody with them but so far he has been very careful with them. Until I get him a substitute this works for him. He was so funny when people asked him what he was going to be for Halloween this year. His answer was always something different: Bob the builder, firefighter, spiderman(he knows nothing about spiderman besides what he looks like at the store) Buzz Lightyear, Pirate. It was hard for him to choose one. I finally picked up the firefighter costume and he loved it but asked well what about all the other guys too. He loves playing with “guys” no matter what kind of guys they are—he found daddy’s old Heman guys when we were at grandma and grandpa’s house and carried those around most of the time we were there. Now that he has his toys pretty much anything can entertain him for long periods of times. He sets things up in lines and finds joy in knocking them over. It is fun to see his personality shine through during the day while Micali is at school and he has to come up with his own things to do.

IMG_2123IMG_2124

IMG_2126IMG_2127

IMG_2136IMG_2137

Micali- is growing up

way to fast. Now that she is in school she is so much more independent. She had a day called Hat’s for Haley where they could wear a hat if they paid a dollar. They collected money for a girl at Luke’s school who has cancer. She loved wearing a hat and thought it was nice she could help out this girl a little bit.

IMG_2130IMG_2131

The morning of her costume parade at school she was up before 6 waiting to put on her Dalmatian costume. She was so happy. We surprised her at school and went to watch her parade. She was just glowing!

IMG_2142IMG_2143

This morning as I was talking to her about the papers in her bag I told her she did a good job on her “N’s” She said, “Well I just did the little ones. My Friend helped me write the big ones.” Did your friend help you write all of the capital Ns? Yes, I just don’t know how and my friend does so she did it for me. We had a little talk about a friend HELPING and a friend just DOING it for you. I think we will practice writing capital Ns tonight!

1 comment:

Stacy Pettersen said...

I don't know where to start, but I loved catching up on EVERYTHING! Here we go:
1. I can't stop looking at her hair either... it is seriously memorizing.
2. If I were a little boy I would not be able to resist that hook either… and I’m jealous you have a kitchen aid (I want one soooo badly).
3. Great Halloween theme! I have the hardest time creating a family theme that I am giving up.
4. What a great house… does it have two kitchens??? This seems like a permanent move.