Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Valentine’s Day

We started doing a candlelight dinner with the kids a few years ago and it has been something I really look forward to on Valentine’s day. I totally understand the viewpoint of why have a day to show your love when you can love the people everyday BUT I do like to be a little extra cheesy on this one special day. So the theme for this years dinner was HEARTS. I had sick kids and wasn’t able to get to the store for any fancy ingredients.  I settled for heart shaped jello jigglers, heart shaped peanut-butter cocoa krispie bars, and heart shaped breadsticks and the spaghetti fit in with it because it is red.  We have noticed with the candle light dinners we have had that there is something magic about the lights being dim that helps Eli decide it is okay to eat what is on his plate. I haven’t seen him eat spaghetti for a long time and he chowed down on this stuff.

feb 051

feb 049

feb 053

feb 055feb 056feb 059feb 058

Micali helped me with a few tissue paper puff balls for decorations. I saw them on a friends blog and decided to give it a try. It was a fun little project.

feb 068feb 069

 

These are the flowers Luke brought home for his little girls.

feb 073

I love this Spring Garden he got for me. It has gotten so big and colorful and is a welcome relief from all the cold and snow outside. It is wonderful having a little glimpse of spring inside.

feb 075

1 comment:

Alicia said...

What a fantastic idea!!! I'm totally copying that next year! =)