Well, since I haven't posted in about a week, let me explain my new insights on life. Number 1- I have a newfound respect for my own mother's ability to take care of four young children (all under 5 was it?), fix wholesome meals, keep the house clean, and do whatever else she needed to do. I took this week off of work to help Kristen recuperate and boy have I learned what it means to try to keep cleaning. It seems like an endless flow of dirty dishes, clothes, floors, etc. If anyone can explain how mom's get this done and still maintain their sanity, please share. I'll admit that I did have time to organize the cupboards, closets, and nap still, but it simply never stops. Especially at the first part of this week. On Sunday last, Micali came down with another fever (we believe due to her teeth that are slowly making headway) and was up almost the whole night or sleeping with daddy on the coach. Note: loveseats are fine and dandy for sitting on but do not make the most comfortable sleeping arrangements. Anyway, so I was trying to tend to her all night and for the next 3 nights while Kristen dutifully attended to Elijah in ways I cannot. The exhaustion for all four of us (Eli was less than estatic that the milk hadn't come in by that point) seemed to get more and more each day until we were finally able to get some solid hours of sleep.
Needless to say, I am impressed at those wonderful moms who make it look so easy. It has been wonderful being home with the whole family home this week. Thanks for all the prayers and well-wishes.
4 comments:
Congratulations! I am so excited for you! I was Kristins roommate our freshman year!
Check out our blog!
Luke, it's about time a man saw the light. Now will you please have a talk with Matt? Preferably before Valentines Day...
Amber,
I'll do my best, but remember, I've been trying to teach him since Tyonek!
Thanks for dinner, it was yummy.
Okay ~ hope you see this. I think I can post now.
You four were pretty easy kids ~ rather obedient, which helped me navigate thru what needed done. There were also entertaining cartoons ~ Tom & Jerry, Yogi Bear, etc. ~ that held your attention when I was busy working.
You are correct, though, there's never a dull moment. Hope things have settled into a routine and you can ALL get the rest you need.
Post a Comment