Saturday, January 19, 2008

It's a boy!!

Kristen, Micali, and I would like to welcome the newest addition to our family-Elijah Lucas Peless. Since the meaning behind the name is a big deal to me, I will share the meaning behind Eli's name. (Kristen will most likely call him Eli for the rest of his life, I am undecided). Elijah meaning "The Lord is my God" or an alternate is "God is the highest" and Lucas, my personal favorite meaning, "Bearer of Light." So, Elijah has a strong heritage to live up to since there are some incredibly important people with his name have lived on this earth.

The baby stats:

Birth time: 5:14 p.m.
Birth date: January 18, 2008
Birth Weight: 7 lbs. 11 oz.
Birth length: 20 1/2 inches
head circumference: 14 inches
Sex: Male
Parents: Lucas and Kristen Peless
Siblings: Micali Rebecca Peless (who still isn't too sure about this baby thing)
Hair color: Technically listed as auburn though it looks brown like Micali's was with a hint of red in it.
Length of delivery: Kristen called me at school at 1:00, I made it home at 1:30, we had a doctor's appointment already at 2:30 so we went to that, she was dilated to a 6 or 7 by that point so we went to the hospital. By 4:00 p.m we were in the room, I went to the cafeteria at 4:20 to get some food, the doctor was paged to come quickly at 4:40, and Kristen delivered, drug-free, at 5:14. Is this girl amazing or what? I know she's my hero.

Both mom and baby are doing well. I am home with Micali so she can nap. She stayed the night at some friends' house last night, but Kristen missed her so I went to get her early this morning.
I am posting some pictures on here now.
Later

2 comments:

Alicia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! He is beautiful and you all look great!
I absolutely LOVE LOVE the name, I want the name Elijah so bad for one of our kids, but so far Christopher is not so sure (he likes it, don't worry, I'm not dissing the name ;) just not sure if he wants that name. Anyway, my point is that I am so glad the name is at least in "the group". =)
Again, we are SO SO excited for your family! We will be thinking of you in the next few days.
And Kristen - I am so jealous - what a great labor (if there is such a thing...=) You are my hero!!
Love,
Alicia

Alicia said...

I also was laughing, we are going to have to call Elijah 'Moic Jr.' - for Man of Illuminous Countenance Jr. How fun! =) Ok, just had to add that in!

Hope you both are sleeping these days!!