Kristen and I would like to announce the soon to be arrival of . . . just kidding, you think we're crazy!?
Actually what I am announcing is the unveiling of Nikiski High School's first technologically based website for student involvement and achievement-the blog. My co-teacher and I (Tony Jackson-the one who always leaves random, anonymous messages on this blog) have teamed up once again for an incredible adventure. Who knew teaching could be so much fun when you get the right colleague in the room. So anyways, our district approved our students (in all my classes) access to the following blog where they are required to make one posting/response on the original prompt we post and then reply to at least two of their classmates' postings. Essentially, we are melding the wonderful world of language arts with the ever-encroaching world of technology. For those of you who care to peruse this new site of ours, and even make comments inviting students to think more deeply about their postings, the site is:
nikiskihigh.wordpress.com
I must thank Uncle Jim for pointing this blog site out to us as a relatively easy one to use. Thank you.
All is well except for the 40 degree weather we had today, it melts the snow and all. Our friendly neighborhood moose has been back several times to almost finish off our shrubs in the front. But at least he isn't biased. He and his family are eating everyone's plants in the neighborhood. Now, if only I had a compound bow...
6 comments:
I visited your new school blog, and it is wonderful....what an awesome idea! You are certainly an innovative young man, and one that we are all very proud of. Your students will one day tell their children about the wonderful, inspiring teacher that they had way back when. ;-)
Always remember that when one teaches, two learn.
I'm proud of you,Luke-you are making a difference in this world we call home.
jp
Back again nothing to do and I don't want to start another blog site so I can keep going on as anonymous!
Looks like you have another anonymous "poster".
I on the other hand am becoming less and leass anonymous. For who is the brilliant person you speak of....your wonderful stalking co-teacher. For he is the sun and co-teaching is the east. Is that dorky or what?!?
any ideas who that is above me???
That anonymous person is Jordan Harrison. Peless' most favored student. Yeah. I am even better than his so called ingenious co-teacher. Ha Ha ha
Jordan "super-student" Harrison
Luke...I think you need to change elijah's birthday from 2007 to 2008 on your "profile" info. He grew up FAST!! love you!!
Post a Comment