Friday, February 29, 2008

Six weeks old.



We went to the Doctor today and all she could do was laugh when she saw Eli. She was so surprised at how big he is. The last time we were at the Doctor was when he was a week old. He weighed 7lbs 14oz then. Now he is 6 weeks and weighs 12lbs 14oz. So, if you do the math he has gained an average of a pound a week for the last 5 weeks. He checked all healthy too. Since he is so much bigger than Micali she said he is probably ready to sleep in his own bed now(yes, he has slept in our bed thus far). I feel better hearing from my doctor that is okay to let him cry himself to sleep now so soon I will have my side of the bed back to myself.

4 comments:

Dana said...

What a cute little chunk!! You can tell that your milk is quite sufficient. That is always a good thing. Daniel had his days and nights mixed up and so at 6 weeks I decided to let him cry it out and he cried for 1 hour and slept through the night from then on. That might not be the case for him but it doesn't hurt to let them cry it out. I think that is the best advice my mother ever gave me.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby!!! Not that I'm prejudiced or anything. The one of Micali "holding" him is SO cute! Can't wait. We're down to 11 days . . . and counting : )

Eric Westover said...

That's a big boy! I'll bet it will be nice to have the bed back to yourself.

Alicia said...

oh my goodness, they do not get cuter than that! he is so adorable and so so big! i can't believe something big came from either of you! how fun, and congratulations on getting your side of the bed back. =)