Thursday, April 24, 2008

Four years of Married Bliss!!

I can't believe it has been four years since we got married. Although I can't even remember what life was like before. We have definitely packed a lot of fun and adventure into these four years. We started off getting married on the same day that we graduated from BYU-Idaho. We then traveled to California for summer job. A few months later we made our way to Tyonek, Alaska and enjoyed a year of teaching there together. It was a great experience and being so far from anything familiar really helped us learn to depend fully on one another. After a year there and a cruise to the Caribbean we settled down to teaching jobs on the "road system." At the end of that teaching year we bought a FIXER UPPER house and turned it into a beautiful home. That is when Micali joined our family and we began learning all about parenthood. Thank goodness for such a patient little girl. During this time Luke worked on his Master's Degree and I slept(not the whole time). That brings us pretty much up to date. Now we have two little ones and another house to fix up so we are staying busy and definitely never have a dull moment. I have been so blessed!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, did that moisten my eyes!!! How did we get so lucky as parents to have you as a daughter-in-law?? Those B&W shots of Micali and Elijah are precious. (I'm still wiping my eyes : ) Grma P

Amber said...

That was a great slide show! Congrats on 4 years! It's funny to think that you guys were just newlyweds when we first met. I remember walking out into the living room of our tiny rental and seeing you two both on the couch cushions on the floor, probably hanging on for dear life, since that is smaller than a twin bed! Truly newlywed behavior! I hope you weren't thinking "What did we get ourselves into?" (in regards to marriage or the jobs) when you met us! :)
Amber

Leacayoungart said...

That is so cute! I love these little slide shows you do. I am going to have to have you show me how to do them.

The pictures of the house before. Wow! That was a lot of work. It is such a nice house now.

Happy Anniversary!

Angeline said...

Congratulations on Your Anniversary, your a very cute couple, I can't get my slideshow to work, any pointers?

eltee Harry said...

Happy Anniversary! Before you know it will be 10 years!
Love,
Kirsten