Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Success!!!

We did it! Our bed is officially baby free. We decided Monday would be our night to start Eli in his own bed. We went through the bedtime routine, gave him a bath, fed him and rocked him. He was way worn out by the time we got him in his bed and was totally asleep. I was thinking wow this is nice! That only lasted for 15 minutes though. Then the HARD part started. He cried and cried and cried. Luke went in and burped him and put him back down then he cried some more. The crying started at 7:15 and didn't end until 11:45. I even went in and fed him at 9:00 but as soon as I finished he was back at it. The nice part was at 11:45 he was so worn out he couldn't help but sleep after his tummy was full again. He slept until 5:00 and then again until 8:00. Lastnight he made it much easier on us. He went right to sleep, woke up with a little burp about an hour later and then slept clear until midnight and five. It was so nice to have him sleep for 5 hour stretches. Let's hope he can stick with it tonight!

4 comments:

Amber said...

way to go, guys! I'm proud of you! Eli will thank you with his happy disposition in the mornings.

Dana said...

Girl I could never sleep with my kids. I think I might have slept with Aaron and that was it. I have to have them far enough away from me that I can't here there every little move or I wake up. You will sleep better and so will he!!!!

Leacayoungart said...

I am so impressed!

I just read your post on my blog (glad you found me) and I am ready anytime. I will call you. I need to give you my cell number. =)

Juliana said...

Yeah....That is wonderful!