Thursday, May 22, 2008

Food Storage in progress......


We went to visit our baby chickens we ordered with some friends. They are being generous to Lucas to help him fulfill his lifelong dream of being a farmer. We split 50 meat chicks and our friends ordered 3 turkeys and 25 egg layers for a grand total of 78. They should be ready for "harvest" on July 14th. We will keep you updated.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO funny ~ I was thinking you were boxing up some food storage items : ) I was looking at the tall white (water device) and thought it was a candle ~ didn't know AT all what the little things surrounding it in the first picture were : ) I wish you the best. They'll be ready to "harvest" in JULY???? Grma P

Anonymous said...

Luke - Your Grandma Hinkle would be SO proud of you! She'd love to be right there helping take care of those baby chicks!

Love you all! And love your blog to keep track of what's going on in your lives.

Love Aunt Lois

Leacayoungart said...

These are great shots! She is too darn cute!

munyer jerk chicken said...

I remember as a kid my dad came home from work with a paper grocery sack that was moving! It was full of baby chicks. This was the best thing ever for me and my sisters as kids. Beware of getting attached though! That can make harvest day kind of tricky.

Eric Westover said...

We had chickens when I was a kid and one of them pecked me on the nose. Then we ate him. Did you know Jake and Heather have chickens?