Friday, September 19, 2008

Clarity at last!

We have now completed the last of the window installation. We are very pleased at how everything turned out. The best part is you can see clearly out of all the windows now. The old windows always had condensation on them and we had to wipe it off to see outside.....not so anymore. The one part I don't like right now is we don't have anything covering the windows so people can see right in. We are shopping for blinds/shades and curtains now. I will add some more pictures when we get them framed and trimmed out. Enjoy!! These pictures are of the back door being switched out just lastnight. And yes it was during the random thunder and lightning storm we experienced yesterday. (for those of you reading not in Alaska---we hardly ever get either thunder or lightning up here. We have heard it only twice since we have lived here the last four years.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! So you made the window/door into a patio door. Slick, smart move! I'm sure that looks WAY better and is WAY more energy efficient. Great job.

Also LOVE the new pix. I just love it when I come and see new ones and hear a bit of your lives. THANKS!!!!! Love, Grma P

Leacayoungart said...

Yay! Window lift off!

-Rachel said...

I'm amazed by anyone who can build anything. This is beautiful, I need to come over and see it!!!