Friday, December 19, 2008

Kindergarten art class

 
I feel like a little kid in art class every time I get out my sculpey clay to make ornaments. I am only able to make these by looking at a picture. Actually the ornaments that have step by step picture directions are even more helpful. I first learned how to make these at a craft day at church about 2 years ago. My first experience wasn't that great but, I did ask for more for Christmas that year in hopes that someday I would be able to make a masterpiece. I had a lot of fun making these ornaments this year and compared to my first ones these look pretty good. I made a chubby baby under a blanket for Eli, a ladybug for Micali, and a Penguin family sledding on a candy cane for all of us! We will have to wait and see if anything else gets made this year.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAY cute!!! This reminds me that I think I bought ornaments for everyone earlier this year and canNOT remember where I put them.

Unfortunately this Christmas is a bit different . . . gifts are late, etc. 2009 should be better. Grma P

Anonymous said...

They look good. I would like to learn to do those. Our tradition is to buy an ornament with the year on it - it would be so much easier (and more fun) to make one then try to hunt one down at a store each year! -Kirsten