Sunday, October 11, 2009

Inspired by a dear friend....

 

Lastweek I was reading a friends blog and came across a post about a game she played with her toddler called "Paint the Rock." (Thanks Alicia) I have been looking for ways to entertain my two little ones especially, in the morning since Eli no longer is taking a morning nap. This idea was perfect and had them entertained for quite some time. It started with a hunt for the rocks. We ventured around our yard and the neighbor's yard and found some very exciting rocks. Eli mostly liked throwing them and calling them balls but Micali was very diligent about putting them in her bag. I was kind enough to fill my pockets full so that Eli could have some rocks to paint when we went back inside. My camera died right after I took the first pictures of them painting but you can see they did think it was pretty cool to see the rocks change color. That special "rock paint" we used was of course water so they didn't even make a mess. I will definitely repeat this activity in the near future.
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Ashley said...

That. Is. SO. Smart! There is totally going to be a post on our blog of Kendra doing just this next summer!

Anonymous said...

You're AMAZING!!! What my children missed out on . . . ~Grma P

Alicia said...

I'm so glad you tried it! It's awesome, right? Hopefully our kids can 'paint the rocks' together next year at the reunion!! =)

It looks like you guys are just settling right on in with things - and you look fabulous, by the way, Kristen!

I also love that picture of you and Luke on the beach, you guys are so good for each other, isn't it fun to be building a life with a great person?

Oh, and lastly, you are one brave woman! 100 pounds of apples! I'm actually inspired to make an apple pie tonight with the 3 measley pounds of apples we picked the other day. =) You are apparently 33 times the woman I am!

Stacy Pettersen said...

Yes, I totally tabled that idea for the future! Don't you just love blogging?