Monday, October 12, 2009

Saturday was a Special Day!

 

We had a very fun filled Saturday. We heard about a U-pick for apples and decided we should try it out. We came home with 100 lbs. of apples. Micali loved carrying her little bucket and figured out that she only wanted the big ones without spots. Eli mostly just sat by the tree eating apples and watching everyone else. I am sure next year he will be a good little helper though. It took us less than an hour to pick our apples because the trees were just loaded. We will see how the applesauce making adventure goes this week. The guy at the orchard couldn't give us an estimate on how much it would make but I am sure it will feel like plenty before I am through with it. Luke is hoping for some fresh apple pie too.
 

After our apple adventure, we headed over to a house that had advertised in the paper they had pumpkins for sale. He had 3-4 pumpkins sitting in his front yard, so I thought we better hurry before he didn't have any left. Luke and Micali went and knocked on the door. The lady waved them around back and this is what we found in her yard. A TON of pumpkins. I couldn't even believe it. She had even sold a couple hundred before we got there. Micali had fun looking for just the right one and found a little tiny one that she decided was just perfect for her. We helped her out a little and got a couple more so that we can carve them in the next few weeks. The weather was wonderful, and we enjoyed a day spent together as a family and being outside!

Not only did we do some fun fall activities, we also got some new(to us)things for the house: a book case, an entertainment center, and toy shelves for the kids' rooms. After our morning adventures outside, we spent the rest of the day inside organizing and getting rid of even more boxes. I was so excited to finally get closer to being fully moved in. We just had random boxes stacked in almost every corner because we didn't have a place to put anything. Now my goal is a "place for everything and everything in its place." We are getting much closer and it is SOOO exciting.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the fall photos ~ looks like a GREAT time. You're right, by the end, you'll have MORE than enough apples. Enjoy that pie! ~Grma P

Dana said...

Oh what a fun family activity. YOu will have to blog when you do applesausing!!!