I can’t believe it has taken me so long to get back to this blog.
Reasons why I haven’t blogged:
- canned 14 pints of chicken
- canned 21 quarts of applesauce—and still have 40lbs to go
- caught a yucky cold
- had to figure out a new computer
- hadn’t taken enough pictures
- been enjoying being outside in the nice fall weather-today and yesterday it has been 65 degrees.
So here is our last few weeks in picture form…..
Beautiful fall colors…..
Eli making sure everyone was working hard while raking leaves.
The deer got into our garage(I DID leave the door open for a little while) and helped themselves to our apples. Can you believe them? It did make a little less work for me though. These are all the apples that had deer bites out of them. We just decided to make it easier for them and put them right out in the open for them to enjoy.
Luke had training in Provo and we enjoyed some time with cousins. Here is Eli sitting with James and Micali snuggling next to Justin.
And last but not least HALLOWEEN! We decided at the last minute to go ahead and dress up the kids for the little carnival and dinner they were having at the elementary school. We borrowed the Turtle costume from Luke’s sister Beth and raided Micali’s dress-up drawer to make her a ballerina princess. She loved it! Afterwards we stopped at a few friends houses to give Micali her first try at Trick-or-treating. We had to coax her at each door but by the last one she finally had it down.
This morning Micali found that her pumpkin had been knocked off the porch and eaten by “the Deerds.” She asked me where they were and then told me she was going to kick them. She means business when something messes with her things!
5 comments:
Their Halloween costumes turned out really cute. The trees and mountains are beautiful. We can't wait to visit your new home. Love Mom
I love that she was going to kick them. That is very cute. Poor girl had some big weird animals in her yard messing with HER things. I dont' blame her for wanting to kick them.
I checked this morning before leaving for work and was THRILLED to see the update. Micali made me chuckle with kicking the deer over her jack-o-lantern ~ that was short lived before my eyes got all misty and sad for her.
LOVE Elijah's face while supervising the leaf raking. I realized this morning ~ just six weeks or so till we're back out west. Will have to fine tune things as time gets closer. We fly in to SLC on 12/22 and home on 01/06. We want to work in a couple of days to fly up and see Jim & Jeannine, too, as part of that trip. ~Love Ya, Grma P
Micali cracks me up, i wish she would come kick the deer when they get in our yard! She was a beautiful ballerina princess. The other girl in our picture was Jake's neice, no they haven't gotten Lindsay back, sorry for the confusion.
Wow - you are super woman! I can't believe how much you've been up to. I also think that Micali looks more beautiful every day! It's crazy how fast she's growing up. Both my kids were turtles for their first Halloween, so I have a special place in my heart for little turtled children on Halloween. =)
What fun adventure you guys have - that's awesome that you still have wildlife on your property!
Post a Comment