I have felt like a pack rat the last couple weeks. We are storing up food for the winter months. I tried out something new too…Micali and I made apple pie filling. It was a lot of work but OH SO GOOD! We have also froze lots of fruit for our morning smoothies, pureed all sorts of fruits and veggies for Abigail’s baby food, and will soon be canning applesauce and salsa.
I can’t believe how much of a help Micali has been in this process. She just gets right in and does anything I ask her too. Her favorite was peeling the apples and pulling the pits out of the peaches after I peeled and and cut them. I am so glad she likes to be in the kitchen and help me out. Part of the reason may be because we do all of these fun things while the “little” ones are napping so she gets to stay up and it is her special time with just me.
3 comments:
I should be more of a pack rat especially since the little one is coming so soon.
Mmmmm - wish I were there to can with you - I love canning in good company! Oh, and I can only imagine how helpful your Vitamix is in all of that! Can't wait for that to enter my life. =) Give it a few more months, we'll be proud Vitamix owners!
It all looks so good! Great job. Can you send me your email address again. I can't find it.
Post a Comment