Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

We enjoyed some very nice weather. It was SUNNY after a week of rain and got up to 50 degrees. I thought I would be sad to not have a white Christmas but when we walked out of the house to go to Cortez for Chinese food without coats I decided I could handle it.

We have adopted Luke’s family tradition of having Chinese food for Christmas Eve. We had to drive an hour but it was so worth it. It was delicious and the kids were so well behaved in the restaurant. Micali ate a lot and totally enjoyed herself. Eli loved looking at the fish in the tank and ate a few pretzels we had taken for Abigail to snack on. He took one bite of rice to get the pretzels and made it seem very painful has he was gagging it down.

IMG_9902 IMG_9910

IMG_9912

IMG_9917 This was Eli’s general thought of the food there. –NO THANKS!--

IMG_9907 Micali thought the rice shaped like a bear was pretty sweet.

IMG_9926 We enjoyed teaching the kids how to open their fortune cookie and reading our fortunes.

We got home just in time to watch the live Nativity. Eli kept signing Brown Donkey the entire time. It was definitely his favorite part. Micali was very disappointed to see that baby Jesus was just a doll.

 IMG_9933IMG_9932

We came home and made sparkly oats for the reindeer, read the Night Before Christmas and then the kids got to open up their new Christmas PJs from Aunt Lois and Uncle Steve. Eli has hardly wanted to take off his Toy Story pajamas since.

IMG_9937IMG_9936 IMG_9938

IMG_9941 IMG_9942 IMG_9943

Oh and how could I forget…We also set out some cookies and milk for Santa.

IMG_9944

1 comment:

Austin and Kendra said...

"I kill you with cucumber" haha