Thursday, February 24, 2011

In case I haven’t told you yet today…….I LOVE YOU!

Somehow a random card showed up in our collection of things. It is just a little pink card with two birds on it. The outside says, “Just in case I haven’t told you yet today…..” Then you open it up it says, “I love you.” This card has been around for A LONG TIME. At least 5 of the 7 years of our marriage it has found its way into our day, week or month depending on how long it takes us to find it.

Neither of us are quite sure when it started but we like to hide it for each other to find. When we happen up on the card it always brings a smile to our face. I have tucked it in Luke’s lunch bag, backpack, shoes, and coat pocket. I recently found it in the medicine cabinet and on top of the blender I use to make our smoothies each morning.

Sadly it was “LOST” the longest when Luke hid it in the case that holds my weights I use for my workout videos. He had asked me several times if I had found it but I couldn’t think of a place he would have put them that I hadn’t been to.

Just tonight I was going to take a picture of this special little card and it has moved out of the spot Luke last discovered it so I am on the hunt for it once again.

It really isn’t a big deal but it has been a fun game that continues to brighten our day when it is discovered.

Lucky me, I opened the dishwasher and found the card so I could take a picture of it…..

001

002

4 comments:

Angeline said...

You two are just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Once again, my eyes are moist. I just love you guys!!! You made my day again when I came here to show coworker Micali's picture (after explaining her name) and found something new to read. ~Grma P

Janet Kueser said...

Kristen thanks for taking the time to keep us in the loop. Love your posts and what a treasure and example you are. Love Mom

Alicia said...

How cute! And want to know something funny? Christopher and I do almost the exact same thing with this little pin cushion thing that we have. It's so fun, like a little "I love you" in the middle of the day! Although, come to think of it, I haven't seen it in a very long time, a couple of months even...one of us must have hidden it a little too well. =)