Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Sleepy Little Boy

About two weeks ago I had a busy day and didn’t get Eli down for a nap. He did really well through the evening but was ready to crash by 7:00. Since then I have decided it is nice having him go to sleep so early so I have for the most part just stopped giving him naps.

Occasionally he looks like this:Sleepy 001 Sleepy 003

But will say “I not tired, I want to stay awake”

 

He then gives up trying and ends up looking like this”Sleepy 002

As soon as this picture was taken I did lay him down and let him sleep for awhile. He obviously needed a little pick me up.

Today it looked like this:

Sleepy 014 Sleepy 015 Sleepy 016

Really he does do pretty good most days without a nap. This afternoon since he was up before six he just couldn’t quite make it through quiet time.

2 comments:

Matt and Kayla said...

That is funny! He is cute!

Anonymous said...

LOVE those photos and I absolutely LOVE watching a little one who is getting more sleepy and eventually falls asleep. Jared said once, "You could just sit and watch them sleep." I didn't disagree. ~Grma P