Isn’t this an ADORABLE sight???
Micali visited with the Doctor on Monday and he talked to her about how important it was for her to stop sucking her thumb so the bones in her face and jaw didn’t change their shape. She gave him a high-five promise and was again determined to NEVER suck her thumb again. It only lasted a couple hours. We have tried lots of things and when I told the Doctor all the things we have tried he said, “Wow, I don’t have any other ideas for you!” Luke had the idea of putting food coloring in the “THUM” polish that you can buy at a pharmacy. Micali was excited to have pink fingers and it worked great for two nights. Then she realized that pink didn’t change the taste at all and she could still just suck it off. Her thumb was in her mouth this morning when she woke up much to my dismay. Hopefully we can figure it out soon, kindergarten is only 6 months away!!!
2 comments:
Girl my 7 year old still sucks on her fingers. Wait she is almost 8. She usually only does it when she is tired but still she is wayyyyy to old for it. I don't know how to get her to stop.
I remember refusing to not suck my thumb- I did it forever (I think I was definitely in school). My parents tried everything- then one day when we were in Utah, my dad said he'd give me a quarter and I stopped. Totally random, and I remember it- my poor parents- I just had to decide on my own to give it up. Hope you find something that works soon! I bet that's so frustrating!
Post a Comment