Unfortunately the trip to Kansas included being away from Luke on our 8th anniversary. He sent me flowers to let me know he was thinking of me on our special day. It was such a sweet surprise. I am so grateful for Luke in my life. For the wonderful husband he is and for the amazing father he is to our children. Their favorite game to play with Daddy is basically hide and seek but you never know exactly what they will call him on any given day. They want to find the troll, the monster, the mean witch, the dragon, or the dog. Whatever it is they are so timid going around the house looking for him but, they squeal with excitement and run when we jumps from behind a door to get them. Occasionally if it has been awhile and they still haven’t found him they get food to feed to him to make him a nice troll or whatever it is so he is not too scary. I love watching them play and sometimes have to go through the house with them to coax them along( I won’t tell them I am scared out of my wits not knowing where he is going to jump out of). I love that he is so involved with them and willing to play along. Luke is also amazing at answering their questions. When they are outside and want to know what something is or how it works he tells them or finds the answer and then explains it all to them. They love their daddy time. He has been so busy this year with his new job, new calling as Bishop of our ward, and continuing his doctorate but he makes sure every minute he has with the kids counts. He also makes sure in his busy schedule that we have time for a date and we totally look forward to our uninterrupted time to be just us! I love you babe. Thanks for the flowers! They were beautiful!
1 comment:
Ah, beautiful ... so glad that you got flowers even though you were far apart. It's nice to hear such sweet messages when I see so much "stuff" at work. ~Roberta
Post a Comment