Wow! I have posted a lot today. It just so happens that when I plugged in the camera today to update after our spring break we had 193 pictures on there so sorting through them and picking out our favorites is tough. I still have a few more to go but my time at the computer is almost over. (Eli is starting to wake up as I am typing) We had a nice Spring Break. We moved to a new house. It is just around the block from where we were living but this house has a basement which gives us more space. I was surprised that I actually felt sad to move from our other home as it was just a little one. But, as I walked through the house finishing up the last minute packing I remembered all the work we had put into it, all the fun times, and now that we are in a new house I have a whole list of things I miss about the old one. So here are some pros and cons with moving:
Things I miss:
A tall showerhead so the water just pours over you and you don't have to duck to get your hair wet.
A microwave with a sound OFF option. It was much easier to sneak little treats without it beeping when it was finished.
My new appliances.
My deep sink. (it was my birthday present)
My garage door opener. (my christmas present)
Things I enjoy at my new home:
Open Kitchen so I can see Micali playing while I am working on dinner.
The office in the basement so the mess stays down there. :)
The big windows and the sun shining in.
All the extra space.
Well I had a few more thoughts but they have all left now that both children are in need of my attention.
Thats all for now!
2 comments:
Kristen, I'm glad to see you finally had time to update! I loved all the pics! We need to get together again soon...:)
I had the same feeling, Kristen, when we moved. We put so much work into the house and I knew every corner and every blood, sweat, tear that was there. Yes, we moved just across teh street, and it is bigger, but--it was our first "home" together and it was just sad because that was where Justin had "grown up". Alas, more memories can be made, right? Enjoy your new home and hopefully you get a garage door opener before next Christmas!! (the deep sinks are nice, huh!)
Post a Comment