Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Can I keep him??

 
Here are some more pictures of the little one for those who don't get tired of seeing them. Micali has insisted on "holding" Eli more often lately. She loves covering him up with her blankets and wants to make sure he is OK! She is always asking him "ok baby, ok?" The other pictures in the collage are of her reading to her babies while I was making lunch today. She did an amazing job of entertaining herself for quite some time. I enjoyed listening to her read the books to her friends. She got to a book she always brings me titled Can I Keep Him? It is about a boy who finds all of these things and asks his mom if he can keep them. He asks about a dog, fawn, bear, snake and a few other things but on every page the boys says, "Can I keep him?" The mom always says no and then goes on to explain why---mostly that they would make a mess in the house. So as I am making lunch I hear Micali saying "Can I keep him? NO!!" repeated over and over again as turns the pages!!! I was so amazed that she was saying a whole phrase and that she even had it with the right book!! My little girl is growing up.
She has been sick the last couple of days. One night while I was rocking her to sleep I was just looking at her and holding her hand in mine and I couldn't believe how big it was. Time has gone by so fast. I am happy to have so many "Micali Moments" to remember.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Dana said...

Is that the book where he brings home the Alligator and he actually convinces her that way to keep a dog instead?

Anonymous said...

WOW, my eyes are leaking AGAIN!!! Sorry Micali's been sick. Yes, I'm glad we all have those tender memories. Grma P

Stacy Pettersen said...

I love Eli's chubby cheeks! What a good "Big Sister," trying to take care of him. Sounds like fun times!

Anonymous said...

You have the cutest kids.

-Rachel said...

I'm still playing catch up on all of the blog updates I missed while I was off line. I love these pic's they're sooo cute! I also love the Chubby Check! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

wow it is so cute to see how close they are. Eli is so big, he just a little guy when I left wow.