Monday, November 24, 2008

Growing Up!

I took these pictures last week and kept trying to get on and post something but I kept getting distracted with the silly elf dance and didn't get time to make a real post. We have been busy here. We ripped out the carpet in all of the main living area upstairs. We are going to paint and put in new wood laminate flooring this week. I am hoping to get most of it finished up over this holiday weekend. However, we have learned that having two kids makes these supposedly quick projects become somewhat drawn out. They are being very good and patient with us though. Micali just wanted to get right in and help out. She really likes being daddy's little helper!
We didn't get as far as we would have liked on Saturday. So, Luke was so kind to make it as comfortable as possible for us for Sunday and Monday until we had time to work on it again. He swept the subfloor and brought up our rugs. It made it look better and I felt better having it down for the kids.

So here is Eli at 10 months old. He got another tooth so his total is 3 on top and 3 on the bottom. He tried pushing him self up on Saturday. He didn't quite get his big belly off the floor but at least he attempted it.
 


Micali is learning new words everyday. She has some funny phrases she has started saying. It makes me laugh when I hear her say them. "hmm, let's see." "Ok, How about...." "Do you hear that.....xander (stuffed puppy) is crying." She loves counting and saying her ABC's. She always wants to have paper and a pen. She will entertain herself for hours with a couch full of stuffed animals and a pile of books.
 
Posted by Picasa
She has started being difficult about getting a picture taken. I have to bribe her if I want her to look at the camera. Other times like in the bottom row she will say "Cali sleeping" She will also run to get a stuffed animal for me to get a picture of instead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE the pix of "Cali sleeping". Have I told you lately how much I appreciate the time you put into this blog so we can see Micali and Elijah regularly???? Thank you!!!! It's the next best thing . . . Grma P

Leacayoungart said...

lol. that is too cute. there is a lady on flickr that only gives her little boy gummy bears when she is photographing him and so he works with her--for a gummy bear. =)

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Grma P - I LOVE being able to see the kids (and enjoy when there are photos of you and Luke too!) It really does help to have photos since we live so far away! Thanks so much. We love you all! Aunt Lois (and Uncle Steve)