This post was a lot of fun for me to make. I just finished trying to pick a picture to post for every month. Since I had hundreds of pictures taken each month it was quite difficult. So the really fun months have more than one picture. January: Eli joined our family. I was scared that I wouldn't be able to love this next baby as much as Micali. I worried that I wouldn't be able to handle having two kids. Then by the time it happened I was just so HAPPY not to be pregnant that the adjustment went smoothly and Micali welcomed Eli with open arms. She has been an amazing big sister! February: Daddy went back to school and enjoyed the moments he had to snuggle his little man. March: Mom and Dad Peless came up to meet their newest grandson and were astonished at the size of him. They were able to be here for his blessing at church. Then they helped us move around the corner to this house. I know we couldn't have done it with out them. April Micali had cabin fever and couldn't wait for the snow to melt to be outside.
May:We enjoyed having longer days and warmer weather. The picture is of Micali snuggling Eli, something she takes seriously as his big sister. June and July: These months were filled with tons of excitement. My mom and dad were able to come up and meet Eli. Unfortunately it rained daily while they were here but they got to enjoy spoiling their grandkids, which was the purpose for coming. Then my sister miraculously was able to get us down to Utah with her airline miles just a day before my sister's wedding. It was great to be able to be with her for that special day. Since we were in the lower 48 we decided to make a trip of it. We went to Kansas to see the rest of my family and then spent two weeks in Michigan and got to see Luke's side of the family there. Oh how I LOVED the heat. You didn't hear me complaining one bit when it was 100 degrees in UT!!! (oh dreaming of that now in my -32 degree weather). When we got back home Micali and I celebrated our birthdays. August: Back to school for Luke and back to reality for Kristen. I LOVE having my husband home and being able to be so unpredictable and spontaneous in the summer months.
September: We started our remodeling of this house. We put in new windows. Thanks to Bro. Brenner and his muscles. He saved me from carrying the windows most of the time. October:We had a nice day and were able to paint the outside of the house. November: Micali and Daddy enjoyed a Rib dinner. We also ripped out all the carpet and put in new laminate flooring. We spent the night of Thanksgiving painting until 1 in the morning. We were able to get most of it done. We are still waiting on tile in the kitchen. That is the planned project for this weekend. I will let you know how successful we are. December: We continued working on our projects, stayed home for the holidays, enjoyed our little family, spent quality time together and tried hard to stay warm!
What a busy year. I was sure I had been in REMODEL mode much longer than since Sept. That actually makes we feel good that we didn't start tearing apart the house until then. We aren't doing so bad on our pregress! Looking forward to good times in 2009!!




2 comments:
Kristen, you take AMAZING pictures and your posts are always so interesting and fun to read because of them!
And it TOTALLY made my day to see pictures of your dad! I love that guy!
What a wonderful post! I LOVE being able to read about your lives since I can't be there to witness it! Love everyone of ya! Aunt Lois
Post a Comment