Thursday, January 8, 2009
A new phase......
There is no picture for this post! I don't want to mess up a good thing. So far in my experience as a mother, it has been very hands-on and involved. Actually, it still is except for the small windows of time I am about to tell you about. The last three mornings have been different for me. After breakfast Micali has asked for Eli to play in her room. I put him in there with a pile of toys and then leave. She has kept him totally entertained for about 20 minutes each morning. I just hear laughter and giggling coming from the room. The first morning this happened I wondered what I was suppose to do. Surely one of them needed me....they always have so far. So, I went in every few minutes to check on them. The last two mornings I have quickly put Eli in Micali's room and then went about the house getting LOTS of things done without interruption. It is weird for me not to have a baby on my hip or tugging at my clothes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Kristen ~ I realized tonight that it's been a long time since I've checked your blog (very busy times at work as we lost a position ~ the front desk secretary ~ and another has been on vacation). How I enjoy coming here and peeking in on you guys.
You do a great job with the kids ~ don't know why you would ever question your ability. You've got really sweet kids. We appreciate all you do! Grma P
So happy for you! It's so nice to find a few minutes when you can do something by yourself and know the kids are ok.
Hope you are keeping warm!
Usually when you start feeling like that thats when another little one decides they want to come along and join in ;0) Nice to have a few minutes to do as you please though!!
It's awesome huh?!! Anna has been in this phase of totally entertaining herself for awhile now, in the beginning I was like you, at a total loss as to what to do. Now that time is filled quickly and easily, i just hope it's not too much of a shock for me to go back to being needed all the time. Enjoy it!
Enjoy it! It is weird when that happens, but it doesn't last long. Even with the age of my kids I am often "needed" and down time or time to get things done is few and far between! -Kirsten
Post a Comment