Well, Luke is out working late tonight trying to get someones heater fixed so, their pipes don't freeze. It is really cold so I am hoping they are able to figure something out. I can't believe it is already 2009. I wanted to do a year in review post before this new year but now it is a little late. I still might try to do that though. It would be fun for me to look back and see what we have done. We have had a great Christmas break. This last week I watched a friends 3 little ones while they were able to thaw out in HAWAII!! Their kids are very well behaved so that made it nice and Micali enjoyed having friends around most of the time. She is still learning what sharing is all about. It seems that being an oldest child where everything has ALWAYS been hers this sharing thingis a whole new concept. We had a lot of fun with them though. Last night for New Year's Eve I told them we were going to have a party (we really were going to go to a party but because of the cold that was cancelled). All day they wondered when the party was going to start. Finally after dinner they still seemed confused about this supposed party we were having. We had sparkling cider with dinner(steak quesedillas as requested by TJ)and then later had rootbeer floats. The only kind of party they could think of had games, cake and balloons. After we told them this wasn't a birthday party they seemed to be okay with our kind of party especially after being served a rootbeer float. This morning we handed them back over to their parents and since then it has been strangely quiet around here. ;)
In other news our current projects underway are: our furnace is being replaced, our kitchen floor and entry way are ready for tile, most of the touch up painting is finished and one SWEET day our windows will once again have trim (hint, hint to Luke if he reads this :)
Alright I hear my husband coming in! GOODNIGHT!
4 comments:
K & L (M & E)
I LOVE reading your posts! It is wonderful to be able to read on regular basis what's going on all of your lives! It makes it seem as though we're in better touch than we are - or can be perhaps being so far apart. The photos sure help too! :-) I love you all bunches! Aunt Lois
Can I possibly thank you enough for taking our kids? TJ informed me that he didn't even miss me. Which I actually think was awesome, that means you were doing an excellent job. I had nothing to worry about. You have to let us make it up to you. I'm thinking Brent can manual labor for you. And I can take the kids for you guys sometimes?... Thank You! and Happy New Year!
Wow - you are so amazing! Taking on 3 other kids for so many days is something I don't know that I am brave enough for! Sounds like you had a great time, though! I also liked reading about your house projects - it makes me excited to have a home of my own someday! Happy New Year!
I thought of doing a year in review but didn't get to it either. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment