Thursday, February 11, 2010

The shower was totally worth it

Yesterday I woke up extremely miserable from a sore throat, ear ache, and sinus headache. It wasn’t possible for Luke to stay home so the kids and I snuggled in my bed watching movies on Netflix. Micali and Eli did a great job entertaining themselves.  The best part is this morning I am feeling SOOO much better.

Wednesday just happens to be Luke’s long day too.  He has a class at night from 5-9 so, there isn’t much time with him at home. Finally by evening time I decided I needed to take a shower. I peeked in on Micali and Eli playing ever so quietly and nicely together. I told her to stay with Eli and that I would be in the shower if she needed anything.

After a few minutes of peace and quiet, I hear sweet Micali say, “Mamacita!” She only heard that once from her Daddy the night before when we were playing hide and seek. It made me laugh to hear her call me that. Then she peeks in and says she loves me, shows me the ice cream she had taken out of the freezer and asks if she can have some. By this point I realize they are no longer just playing nicely in their room. How did she manage to get the ice cream out of the freezer by herself?? I tell her I will be done soon and we can have some ice cream. A few seconds go by before I once again hear “Mamacita!” This time she had found the gum and thought she might need that too. Both times she came in and asked for a treat she was oh so kind and told me over and over again how much she loved me. By this time I was wondering what else they were getting into but decided to not hurry myself and assess the damage later. After getting out of the shower and looking through the house I didn’t notice anything out of sorts besides the ice cream Micali had put on table for me to eat with her as soon as I could. I decided the shower was totally worth and felt so much less congested afterwards.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!! ~Grma P

Dana said...

Getting sick is not the best thing before baby comes so the rest and shower were soooo worth it. Take care of yourself so you can have the energy for push that baby out!!!

Dana said...

OH I forgot to say she is just sooo cute. I worry about how my kids treat each other. I want them to be kind and love each other so much. It always so nice to see that in others.