We met in Seattle, WA while student teaching. These are some pictures of all of us in the student teaching group. I somehow won his heart when he had 18 other girls to choose from. How did I get so lucky?
We got married on the same day we graduated from college April 24, 2004. It was a busy day but one we will never forgot. I remember being shocked to find out that after spending 4 years at the university I was going to have to say my own name when I received my diploma. I debated saying Kristen Kueser but Peless in a couple more hours. I of course was too shy but those were the thoughts going through my mind. I really don’t remember much at all about my graduation but since I didn’t graduate from high school it was pretty cool to get dressed in the cap and gown once.


While in Washington student teaching we went to a Job Fair and got some leads to teach in a small bush village in Alaskas. After a short summer together in sunny California we made our way up to Tyonek.
This picture is one we took of ourselves while driving up the Alcan during Spring Break of that year. What an adventure that was. But we did get pretty lucky with having good roads and weather for our trip up.
After a school year in the frozen tundra we decided that we needed to celebrate our 1st year anniversary in style. We took a Princess cruise to the Caribbean with some great friends and soaked up some sun.
We enjoyed 5 years of our marriage in Alaska. We made some wonderful friends, learned a lot of new skills. For example: cleaning chickens, fixing up houses and how to raise children.
Our time there in Alaska will always hold a special place in our hearts. Now in Utah we have added sweet Abigail to the family. We continue to enjoy being together. I love seeing Luke take an active role in being a dad and spending lots of quality time with his kiddos.
Now, looking back it is amazing to see how much we have changed and the things we have done together. Luke is my best friend, the best father, has serious house fixin up skills, can change into any animal Micali tells him to(her latest favorite—a walrus) and most of all I just LOVE him.
Looking forward to another year of fun adventure.
8 comments:
Congratulations on 6 quick years. Remember "the days are long but the years are fleeting." In no time you'll be at ten, then fifteen, and twenty,....'cause that's how you count. :)
I'm glad to see chicken cleaning was on the list, I am also impressed that you've learned how to raise children, as we are still working on that part. Miss you all! Tony
Ahhhh, and we are SO very gladl that Luke chose you out of all the Washington options. Thanks for the updatead blog. ~Grma P
What a sweet post!!!!
LOVED the recap!!! And love you all! Aunt Lois
Loved the post, Kristen! Happy
Anniversary! I am so glad we got to share your first years of marriage with you and that you taught us to play Settlers of Catan! I hope we can have future Tyonek Reunions with all our growing families!
You guys are too adorable! I'm sad I haven't met him or any of your children yet! What a fun way to remember and celebrate your anniversary!
What a great post. Congratulations! You both are such a neat couple and such an inspiration. I totally remember when you guys met - talking to my family and Luke about you and now it's like you and Luke have always been together! Crazy.
So happy for you two, and we seriously (SERIOUSLY) can't wait to see you!!
Oh, and first thing on our list when we get there: watch Luke do the walrus. ;)
Love the dancing with the baby pictures, too! So fun!
Ahh the memories. Love the Vashon photos!
Post a Comment