I have been having lots of random thoughts through out the day. I keep thinking—Oh, I need to remember that and write on the blog so I don’t forget about it.
I will just start with highlighting what each of the kiddos are doing these days:
Abigail—
this girl is on the move. She isn’t crawling yet but can somehow manage to get herself where ever it is she wants to be. She is scooting and rolling, nothing on the floor is safe. If she finds something it is instantly in her mouth. One of her favorite things seem to be paper she loves to wad it up and chew on it. She is now pretty set on her new sleeping schedule. She likes her bed when she knows it is time to be in there. She is also easy going when something comes up and we aren’t home when she should be napping like, church from 12:30-3:30.
Elijah-
(taken almost a year ago—didn’t like be dressed like a girl)
I am totally loving this little man these days. He loves his mommy and says it all the time. He knows that saying “Mommy—need go potty” will get me to move. He has figured it out in the morning that as soon as he says that, I will come open the door for him to come out. Then as soon as he sees me that urge to go is gone and he just wants to climb in bed between mom and dad. He is staying dry all night already. He is very good at saying “thank you” if anybody gives him anything. He finally went to nursery without crying yesterday since our vacation that hasn’t been his favorite place. I love hearing him talk to Abigail—“Good morning Princess!” “I Yuv you, Abby—Gail” He likes to point and her and say princess and then point at himself and say prince. He never forgets to tell me in the morning to “Make smoothie, PLEASE” The biggest shocker came the other night when we put a chicken enchilada in front of him and he just totally cleared his plate.---remember he isn’t a meat eater--- We have been putting our dinner on his plate for nearly a year with the same results---he didn’t touch most of it. He finally figured out when I say “this is dinner” that it meant oh I better eat.
Micali-
This little girl is growing up way to fast. I love it and hate it at the same time. She can do so many things all by herself. Shower, shoes and socks, quesadillas in the microwave, and she is such a big help. She loves feeding Abigail, helping Eli get on the potty, singing songs to her baby sister to make her happy. If I can’t get to Abigail right away she will just climb right in her crib with her and sing her songs until I come in. She is doing really good and not sucking her thumb. This morning I said why don’t you just stick that thumb in your mouth and see if it still tastes like strawberries. She got a yucky look on her face, barely stuck her tongue out and said, yuck, it doesn’t taste good anymore. I have been trying for the last 9 months or so to think of something that would be really special that she would be excited enough to actually stop putting that thumb in her mouth. So, last Sunday I was talking to her and asked if she would want to go to the store and pick out something special---but she isn’t really attached to any certain thing so I couldn’t think of anything specific and I pick up toys and things all day long, we don’t really need anything else. Then a thought came to me A HORSE RIDE!!! For the first few days I would just remind her when I saw it in her mouth or just say—uh oh looks like Mommy and Daddy will go ride horses without their Micali girl. She would get a smile on her face and take it right out. On Friday she finally asked me to put the yucky polish that tastes horrible on her nail to help her remember, Saturday she wanted “remember tape (band-aids)” and yesterday she didn’t need anything. Now we just have to find some nice person who will let us ride their horse. I think it might actually work this time but I have thought that before. I told her she had to do it for 7 days and today is day 4. It never really sunk in until I made the chart with her and explained it all to her. Let’s hope this works.
1 comment:
I loved your random thoughts! Congrats witht the meat-eater and thumb-sucker... we suffer from both over here so I'm glad that there is hope. =)
Post a Comment