Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hot and Spicy Date Night

Saturday was packed full of fun. Luke and I even managed a date night. We waited to start the fun until the kids went to sleep. So at 8:30 we began the adventure.

Neither one of us had any idea what we were doing. But we trusted the internet to tell us just what to do. We found a recipe that had good reviews and decided we would just follow it as closely as  possible.

The date night activity----SALSA

What could be more hot and spicy?

2nd week of october 024 Trying not to cry over the onions

2nd week of october 025 Filling the last of the jars at 1:30 am

 

We seriously had so much fun chopping, dicing, talking, laughing, crying (over the many many onions) and solving world problems. I am glad I convinced Luke to help me out. I didn’t know that we would be in for a 6 hour project.

2nd week of october 027

Finished with 21 pints of YUMMINESS!

7 comments:

Stacy Pettersen said...

You have been canning lots of yummy things lately... where are you storing it all???

Peless Family said...

under beds---our house is small.

Anonymous said...

YUMMMMMM... ~Grma P

Austin and Kendra said...

did you guys do the salsa dance after you were done making all that stuff. it looks delicious

munyer jerk chicken said...

I'm inspired. My sister and I were just talking about trying to can some salsa. Maybe now I'll actually stop talking about it and do it!

Alicia said...

How fun!! I love homemade canned salsa. Maybe that will be our Hot and Spicy date next year!

Seriously though, those are some of the best times. I love it when I can get Christopher in the kitchen, working with me. We have some of our best conversations.

Oh, and we've always used the "under the bed storage unit" to the fullest extent for food storage as well! It's the best place!

Anonymous said...

Good for you both that you realize you don't have to hire a sitter, or go out or spend money to have a date nighte! You accomplished something and did it togoether...good for you both! Aunt Lois