Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Accomplishments as of late....

 

I didn't have any recent pictures to post so I just went back through and found some that really make me smile! The one of Luke looking so happy with all the treats in the background was the day we potty trained Micali back in July. We gave her all the juice, milk and water she would drink and every 5 minutes when she sat on the potty she got a treat. Good Memories! This smile of his didn't last long.

So, accomplishments:
Eli----SAYS MOMMA!! He said Sasha(the babysitter) first though. He recovered quickly though and the very next day said momma. The first time he said it was getting him out of the bath on Sunday. Since then he has said it when he wanted to sit on my lap and Micali was already there, and today he said it when he was in the other room and was hoping I would come and get him.
----He can pull up onto furniture.
----He crawled yesterday. Clear across the room on two occasions. Once to show off for me and then later to show off for his daddy. He still mostly scoots but tries actual crawling occasionally.
----He figured out that he can sit up in his bed. I don't know how it took him so long to figure it out but Micali got in there the other day and showed him how. Now most of the time when I go in there he is sitting up. If he sits up before he falls asleep he cries until someone comes in and lays him back down.

Micali----OPENS the REFRIGERATOR! I realize this might be late in accomplishing this task but I am glad it took her so long to realize she could do it. Now I can't get her out of the refrigerator. She helps herself to whatever she can reach. Today while I was doing dishes she got the milk out and decided to try and give Eli some milk. Don't worry no mess was made, only a little bit of milk was left in the gallon and she poured it in his cup like a pro.
This morning I was wiping her little bum after she used the bathroom and when I was finished she said, "you did it? all clean? good job momma!---gave me a huge leg hug--- Thank you,love you! AHHH----give me a KISS!!"
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Dana said...

I hate it when they can finally open the fridge. It makes for many messes in the future.

-Rachel said...

Go Eli! I bet he's so excited to be able to get around himself. It's awesome that he can sit up in his crib, but can't lay back down. What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE it when I come and read something new here ~ even if it's old pix. It raelly made me smile to read Micali's comments to you on a job well done. ~Grma P