Sunday, April 11, 2010

Green Smoothies

We finally broke down and got a good blender. A really good blender(Vita-mix) that makes great smoothies. I thought it would be a great way to get all of us to eat more fruits and veggies. The blender came with a recipe book that has all sorts of interesting sounding recipes. This week we have been experimenting with it and have loved it. We have enjoyed things in our smoothies like, spinach, lettuce, celery, cucumber, lime, and of course just about any fruit. What a fun way to get some extra nutrients!

IMG_7936

---Now what did you say is in this smoothie?

 IMG_7937IMG_7938

----Taking the first drink! Just a little hesitant! But really they are quite tasty!

------As a side note…we do also have a regular Cuisanart brand blender from Costco. We tried this same thing in that blender and it just isn’t the same at all. It doesn’t do a good enough job of blending things to make it edible. Small chunks of lettuce, and grape peel just don’t taste good. Unfortunately being able to do this takes a little bit of an investment but when I think of the health benefits---TOTALLY worth it!

3 comments:

Stacy Pettersen said...

Oooo, can it fit in your check-in bag? I want to try it! =) I love to make smoothies!

Potter Family said...

I told you you would love it!!! And you can grind your wheat in it. That is my other favorite part. You will love it every day!!

Peless Family said...

----Stacy, we are actually driving out and yes it will be coming with us. If plans work the way we hope we will be spending most of our summer in Michigan after we PARTY in SC!!