Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Birthday Celebration

Luke was fortunate to have his birthday on a weekend we were going to be with family. He got totally spoiled by his sister and sister-in-law. On Saturday night Beth made some amazing grilled chicken and also his favorite birthday cake. His mom’s homemade chocolate cake recipe.

IMG_8041 IMG_8044

I was busy with Abigail when these pictures were taken so it doesn’t look like we got any shots of him with his cake but we did get a video that I might be able to figure out how to add later.

On Sunday, his actually birthday, we went to church in the morning with Beth and then over to Kendra and Austin’s home for steaks. Again the food was fantastic. And then we made fruit pizza for another birthday cake.

Kendra took pictures with her camera but we haven’t figured out how to get them off her camera yet.

Thankfully we were able to celebrate his birthday and have a lot of fun in the early part of the day because, the 5 hour drive home after these festivities were less than exciting.

Abigail is NOT a good traveler and Micali and Elijah were extra grouchy from all the activity of the weekend. I am beginning to think we are CRAZY for planning a 5000 mile road-trip this summer!!

3 comments:

Rick, Erin, and girls said...

Good luck with that road trip! Heading through ND anywhere in there? Feel free to stop by!

I hear you on the not excited about the traveling part of vacation. Our kids have thus far been good in the car, but sleeping in hotel rooms with them is next to impossible. We're starting to think vacation, too. But after our hotel stay this weekend....I dunno.....

Stacy Pettersen said...

Do you have a portable DVD player? It won't help Abigail but it will do WONDERS with the older ones. We had the first peaceful drive to Florida a few weeks ago after finally buying one.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the photos ~ WOW, I'd agree Luke was a bit spoiled for this birthday. I can taste the cake by just looking at it.

Unfortunately, the DVD player wasn't a ton of help last summer for them. Hoping they're much better with them now that they're a bit older. Maybe you could rent new DVD's at Redbox along the trip ~ I understand you can return them to any Redbox. They have them at a lot of McDonald's, Meijer's, etc. ~Grma P