Thursday, May 6, 2010

LOTS of strawberries

We went up north this last weekend to get a new van (pictures later). We also found a great deal on strawberries at only a dollar a pound. Luke was so kind to go and get 40 lbs for us. Since Monday, I have been trying to use them. I froze about 30lbs of them for later use in smoothies and slushies. The other 10lbs I made into jam, milkshakes, and a fresh strawberry pie. We have also eaten our fill of plain sliced berries. YUM!! We just finished off the last of them for breakfast this morning. What a good find!

IMG_8048 IMG_8051

 

IMG_8054  IMG_8055

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Wow a $1 a lbs what a steal! I wish we could find them at that price! I'd be getting a bunch too! That is so awesome that you were able to and then made some jam and froze some!! Nothing like homemade jam and berries in the freezer!

Anonymous said...

YUM, they look like they were YUMMY! ~Grma P