Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Disheveled Teacher
Luke just finished reading a book about the Holocaust in his Sophomore English class. As part of their culminating activity to finish off the unit he decided to do a small tribute to those people involved. He asked the class to think over Spring Break of some things they could give up for two weeks. Since Holocaust victims were stripped from any freedom or convienences. So this Monday when he went to school they discussed in their classes what things they were going to give up.
Here in the picture you can see my disheveled husband. One of the things he decided to give up was wearing a tie. Although that sounds silly his ties really have become a part of him. He wears one nearly everyday. Now he has decided to go with out one for two weeks. This picture shows pretty much how he feels with out wearing one. He also gave up all snack foods (chips, candy, ice cream) and he is giving up his disorganization in his classroom and is keeping it organized. Although these things he and his students have given up are very minor it helps them to see the freedoms and conveniences they enjoy on a daily basis!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I've been trying to give up sugar in general again. My line of thought has been that if Christ could fast 40 days that certainly I can give up sugar. I'm not going without food ~ just sugar! Hope the kids stick with the full two weeks and can have empathy for those sufferers. Grma P
well great, now what will we snack on during game night?
I can see how that would be hard. Jon wears a tie EVERY day, and I think he feels naked without one now!
I know this is weird- but I'm totally fascinated with the holocaust. I'm always reading a book about it... its kinda crazy. I can't fathom that kind of treatment to that large a group of people!
Post a Comment